Skip to main content

The Young Girl


I turn around and see a little girl
Tormented, confused and alone
She wants to scream, loud and clear
There are demons she needs to fight
She is asking for a helping hand
A supportive, non-judgemental voice
She is looking for someone reliable
Her screams are ignored by many
Her hand, outstretched. gets tired of waiting
She hears a few voices, low murmurs in her direction
Singing songs of lies, betrayal and pessimism
She tries to shut them out completely 
But they end up controlling her heart
Whoever she looks up to with helpless eyes
Shows her that she is alone in this war
Against the exponentially increasing demons
Just then I look into the mirror and shudder
The young girl is now looking at me with hope
Slowly, she grows up into none other than my own self
Now, it hits me, the significance of it all
I must be my own savior, I am all I have
I just need to extend my hand towards myself
Pull myself out of the house of darkness & demons
Pull myself into the light and let me be
Blinded by how bright I can really shine. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Alone is what I have. Alone is what protects me"

Humans were not meant to be lone creatures, instead we are supposed to be very very very social creatures. Myth also says that we, by ourselves, are just a part of a whole and spend our entire lives looking for the other half. Why then, does this one dialogue uttered by Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock have such a great impact on most viewers?  If humans are social creatures,why do we need to be alone to protect ourselves? Why do we choose "none" as our companion, even briefly, if there are 8 billion people on this planet? Most of us unfortunately already know the answer - companionship sometimes hurts and expectations from others leave us broken - we start calling ourselves "damaged". This damage isn't visible, but it creates a scorching emptiness within. Prevention is better than cure. So, instead of going through that pain once again (followed by years of therapy and healing) we prefer to completely withdraw ourselves from the notion that we "